Men’s Pro Race
September 10 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
UCI PROFESSIONAL MEN
The Reading 120 is an international cycling competition that is staking its claim as the greatest single day road race – or Classic – in all of North, South and Central America.
The “Classic of the Americas”, at 120-miles, is very long and very hard.It opens with two loops through the magnificent preserved farmland of Berks County, and culminates with three laps featuring grueling climbs up Mount Penn past the iconic Pagoda.
The race is one of only seven UCI (International Cycling Union) races in the USA, and is sanctioned out of Switzerland. UCI status denotes the very highest level of race quality, attracting top racers from across the globe.
The Reading120 allows you experience a world class sporting event locally with professional riders from all over the world.
With the start and finish line in Reading’s City Park there are activities and events scheduled to entice every type of spectator. Live music, a children’s tent, handcycle and youth races and food and drink vendors allow for a day the whole family can participate in. And above all, it’s free to the public.
- 8:30 am: Racer sign in – City Park
- 9:00 am: Race start and begins its 75-mile loop through Berks County
- 1:30 pm: Race re-enters Reading and begins the five finishing laps
- 3:00 pm: Finish
- 3:45 pm: Awards Ceremonies
- Greater Reading Chamber Team Prize
- Redner’s First Amateur
- Great Reading Economic Partnership Most Aggressive
- Penske Truck Leasing Best Young Rider Award
- Penn National Gaming King of the Mountain Award
- Reading Health System Best Sprinter Award
- Third Place
- Second Place
- Race Winner