September 10 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
THE GRAN FONDO MAKES ITS SECOND APPEARANCE IN BERKS COUNTY
The Reading 120 Gran Fondo is a road ride event created to support Reading, Pennsylvania’s initiative to grow the culture of cycling and become one of the largest bike hub’s in America. Reading, a city within Berks County, is an area that includes over 416 miles of bike trails, a pop-up pump track facility, weekly community bike rides, some of the finest back road rides in the country, and a history of competitive cycling dating back to the late 1800’s, when Reading’s City Park had its very own velodrome.
For the second straight year, the Reading 120 will offer cycling enthusiasts an option for a large-scale group road ride. The Reading 120 Gran Fondo accompanies the UCI sanctioned Reading 120 professional road race, taking place that same day. The Fondo offers three course options that allow all cyclists of any skill level to participate. Reading/Berks Country is known for miles of small towns, rolling hills, and beautiful countryside/farmland scenic views.
Reading, Pennsylvania welcomes cyclists and spectators for an exciting weekend of professional bike racing, challenging and fun community rides, youth racing, handcycle demonstrations, Pagoda Classic Road Run 6K & 12K foot race, Family Fun Zone & Festival in City Park and more!
Gran Fondo Entry Includes:
- 90, 42, and 12-Mile Route Options
- An Official Reading 120 Gran Fondo Tech Shirt *Must register by Friday, August 19th at midnight
- Catered Meal in VIP Tent at Finish Line in City Park
- First Beverage in VIP Tent for No Additional Charge *Must be 21+ and have ID!
- Finish Line Festival
No refunds will be issued, No rain date. In event of EXTREME weather, routes and mileage may be adjusted by promoter. Please check back to the website, www.reading120.com or find us at Reading 120 on Facebook and Twitter for the most updated information.
The Official Hotel of the Reading 120 is the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton located at 701 Penn St, Reading, PA 19601.
Packet Pickup and Other Important Information:
- Packets can be picked up on race day from 6:00 am through 6:40 am at a designated tent by the Gazebo. We ask that all packets are picked up by 6:40AM to allow for people to get to the race line with ample time and listen to instruction.
- Day of sign-up is permitted but CASH ONLY is accepted. Racers can also sign up on their phones using this link: https://www.bikereg.com/reading120
- A staffed bike corral will be located in City Park (bib numbers will be attached to each bike)
- Each of the 3 routes will be color coded with arrows to mark the course route and turns.
7:00 am: Recreational Ride Starts in City Park (12, 45 or 90 mile options)
7:45 am: Pagoda Road Run Starts at the Fire Tower.
9:00 am: Pro Race Opening Ceremonies.
9:30 am: Pro Race Starts in City Park.
9:30 am: Reading 120 Festival begins in City Park.
10:00 to 11:00 am: Hand Cycle Race begins in City Park.
Approximately 11:15 am: Pro Race goes through City Park.
11:30 am to 12:30 pm: Youth Races in City Park
Approximately 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm: Pro Race returns to City Park for three laps on the City/Lower Alsace/Mt Penn Circuit.
2:30 to 3:00 pm: Pro Race Awards Ceremony in City Park